Anyone from the age of 16 who lives or works in Derbyshire can join, but you must be 18 or over to apply for a loan.
We also offer saving schemes for junior members, find out more on the membership page.
- A range of convenient saving plans to suit your needs
- A variety of easy ways to save:
- standing order (with your existing bank)
- payroll deduction (through participating employers)
- make deposits over the counter at the main office, Clay Cross Housing Office or North Wingfield Community Resource Centre
- access to flexible low cost loans after establishing a regular savings pattern over 8 weeks, 4 fortnights or 3 months - 2% per month on the reducing balance (which is equal to just 26.8%.APR)
- free loan protection
- free life insurance on savings and loans for every member
- friendly and personal service with no bank charges
- an ethical place to invest your money that supports the local community
Peace of mind that your savings are safe, as Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire Credit Union is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
"Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority"